The national picture gallery (Tbilisi)



The national picture gallery (Tbilisi)

The national picture gallery was constructed according to the project of the famous German architect Albert Zaltsman. At first it was envisaged for military-historical museum and was called the “Temple of Glory” that was promoting the Russian victories in Caucasus. In 1930 it was altered as a picture gallery.
Tbilisi national picture gallery is constructed according to the project of the Roman exhibition house. Its facade is richly decorated with the ornaments of Baroque style. Its entrance is of cubic style. The entrance with Corinthian columns and pilasters is covered with semicircle exedra and the sides of the buildings are divided by the similar columns.
Both of the halls of the glass covered gallery is richly lighted by sunshine. Very interesting exhibitions are often held in this gallery.



Loading...

ტექსტის სანახავად გაიარეთ რეგისტრაცია.