მეფე მათიუშ პირველი

მეფე მათიუშ პირველი

იანუშ კორჩაკი

(mefe matiush pirveli)

(Ianush Korchaki)






Subjects: მოთხრობა;
DDC Subject: Literature & rhetoric
Table Of Contents: მეფე მათიუშ პირველი.
Source: მეფე მათიუშ პირველი / ი. კორჩაკი: მოთხრობა. სასკოლო ასაკის ბავშვებისათვის. 175 გვ. UDC: 82-93: 821.162.1-3
Language: Georgian
Extent Format: 175 გვ.
Created: 2008-04-08
Modified: 2009-01-15


შერლოკ ჰოლმსის თავგადასავალი

შერლოკ ჰოლმსის თავგადასავალი

არტურ კონან დოილი

(sherlok holmsis tavgadasavali)

(Artur Konan Doili)




სმოკ ბელიუ

სმოკ ბელიუ

ჯეკ ლონდონი

(smok beliu - Jek Londoni)


Subjects: რომანი;
DDC Subject: Literature & rhetoric
Table Of Contents: სმოკ ბელიუ.
Source: სმოკ ბელიუ /ჯ. ლონდონი: რომანი. UDC: 821. 111(73) -31
Language: Georgian
Extent Format: 224 გვ.
Created: 2008-04-03
Modified: 2009-01-15


წინაპართა ძახილი

წინაპართა ძახილი

ჯეკ ლონდონი

Winaparta dzaxili

Jek Londoni






Subjects: რომანი;
DDC Subject: Literature & rhetoric
Table Of Contents: წინაპართა ძახილი.
Source: წინაპართა ძახილი / ჯ. ლონდონი: რომანი. UDC: 821. 111(73) -31.
Language: Georgian
Extent Format: 58 გვ.
Created: 2008-04-03
Modified: 2009-01-15


მარტინ იდენი

მარტინ იდენი

ლონდონი ჯეკ

Martin Ideni (Jek London)







Subjects: რომანი;

DDC Subject: Literature & rhetoric

Table Of Contents: მარტინ იდენი.

Source: მარტინ იდენი / ჯ. ლონდონი; რომანი. UDC: 821. 111(73) -31
Language: Georgian
Extent Format: 261 გვ.
Created: 2008-04-03
Modified: 2009-01-15
[/center]


მოთხრობები

მოთხრობები

ერნესტ ჰემინგუეი

(motxrobebi)

Ernest Heminguei








კილიმანჯაროს თოვლიანი მთა; მოხუცი და ზღვა; მშვიდობით იარაღო;
Source: მოთხრობები: კილიმანჯაროს თოვლიანი მთა; მოხუცი და ზღვა; მშვიდობით იარაღო! / ე. ჰემინგუეი: 304 გვ. UDC: 821.111(73)-3
Language: Georgian
Extent Format: 304 გვ.
Created: 2008-04-02
Modified: 2009-01-15


უცნობი (აპოლოგია გალაკტიონ ტაბიძისა)

უცნობი (აპოლოგია გალაკტიონ ტაბიძისა)

(ucnobi apologia - Galaktion Tabidzisa)


Authors: ჯავახაძე, ვახტანგ

Subjects: ქართველი მწერლები;

DDC Subject: Literature & rhetoric

Table Of Contents: უცნობი


“David Kakabadze Gallery of Visual Arts of Kutaisi”


“David Kakabadze Gallery of Visual Arts of Kutaisi” - At the beginning of 20 century Michael Gokieli built the two storied stone building in front of the main building of the Gymnasium where he arranged the hotel of the first category and called “Frantsia”(France). There were 35 rooms there.
In 1922 the building was confiscated but the hotel still stayed there. In 1930 it was rehabilitated and the 25 rooms were given to the joint stock company “Intourist” . The hotel was renamed as “Grand- Hotel”. After the opening the hotel of “Kutaisi” the “Grand-Hotel” turned into dormitory.
The gallery stores famous Georgian painters’ works (totally about 3000 items that include: painting, graphic, sculpture, applied art, etc.). Also it includes the works of contemporary Europian artists/planners.The gallery consists four exhibitions halls; two of them are used for the permanent exhibitions and another two – for temporary exhibitions. The gallery can be rented.


Kutaisi Boulverad

Kutaisi Boulverad - Speaking about the Kutaisi Boulevard one can not be satisfied only by describing its beauty. Because during two centuries it was not only the decoration for the city but was also the pulsation and the breathing of the social life of the citizens. The dislocation of the pblic institutions of the city around the park is very rare and it might also define the relationship of the citizens towards the Park.The Kutaisi Boulevard was laid out in 1848 with the initiation of the Vice-Governor of the town P.Glinesarov. There is no information who planned and laid it out. It is planned like the French stile of the gardening.
In 50-ties of the XIX cc the newspaper “Caucasus” gives the following description of the park: “the park has the red wooden fence around with an alley along them. There are also two cross-shared alleys there. There is a square for music and dance on the crossing place. On the both sides of the alleys there are the flower gardens and the high trees making wonderful shadows. Here are wooden and stone branches standing. The rest part of the Park is covered with green grass. Every Sunday the music is playing in the park and Georgians sitting on the grass in the marvelous nature are enjoying the melodies of the music and zurna.”
Later the park was fenced with iron railing. In 188 the wooden pavilion was built in the centre of the park to meet the Emperor Alexander III. Later the pavilion was handed over to the drama theatre. In 1894 the fire destroyed it.
In 1948 antic Ionic style colonnade was done at the east entrance of the park.
Gradually the Boulevard became a social center of the town. As they say it became particular lively at 70-ties of the XIX c. after establishing the town self-government. During the elections the Park used to become a real Parliament. Election candidates were discussed there and public opinion formed. According to Shalva Dadiani the Kutaisi contemporary intellectuals used to gather there. The park was most attractive in the summer period, when it was full of the students came back from the Russian and European Universities for the summer holidays. Kutaisi Boulevard was likeold Athens, Agora, Khandza Academy or peripatetic philosophers field (Ivan Zurabishvili 1872-1940). In 1908 there was a big celebration dedicated to the anniversary of the great Georgian poet Akaki tsereteli.


St. Nino Gymnasium

St. Nino Gymnasium - the st nino charity organization opened the girls school in Kutaisi on may 14, 1847. (There were two grade Province and Ecclesiastic schools at this time). Merriam Espokle wife of the Governor of Kutaisi ,Major-General Akim Espokhi was elected as Trustee of the school. From the beginning the school was quartered in the rented private house. In 1857 the place for the school building was chosen. E. Vorontsova funded the building of school. It was two storied building with the own church. In 1863, the building was finished.
At the anniversary of the school on may 15, 1879 the question of enlarging the gymnasium was posed. It became possible only 1898. In 1900-1901 a new church was built in the gymnasium by the project of the engineer Folshulz. Since 1995 it was named as St. Nino Gymnasium.


The Opera House


In February 1892 the Kutaisi Theatre Company moved into a new building (in Octomber 1888 when the Emperor Alexander III was expected in Kutaisi a wooden pavilion was built in the Town Park fot this arrival.After the visit of the Emperor the building was handed over to the theatre). Unfortunately on Octomber 12, 1894 the fire destroyed the building and the company was dismissed.
During the Soviet perioid the theatre worked in above-mentioned building. In 1938 eddying a former two storied building of brothers’ Otskheli enlarged the Kharazov building. The stage was reconstructed also.The reconstructed Theatre was opened on November 6, 1938. On December 17 , 1946 the fire destroyed the building again. A new building was built after the fire. Only one wall was used from the old Kharazov building. Kutaisi Drama theatre remained in the building until opening the new theatre building on November 5, 1955.
Since December 27, 1969 there is an Opera House in the old building of the theatre.


Synagogue

Synagogue On the left side of the river Rioni , under the Mtsvanekvavila cape, in the old part of the city there is the Jewish quarter, in the center of the quarter there is the beautiful building of Synagogue built in 1886. The synaqgogue is built wait eklari stone and covered with lots of ornaments. There a re more than five hundreds stools for man and woman inside.The friendship of Georgians and Jews with its 26 –century is truly unique in Kutaisi. In the past many famous rabbis worked there: Kakham Khain (Elashvili), brothers Jacob and Moshe Katan(davariashvili), who got the education in Jerusalem. Mended Shnersoon the alumnae of the Berlin and Paris called them his teachers.